Top
All Channels
70°

S.Korea cut Monaco´s Park from football squad

South Korea have dropped Monaco forward Park Chu-Young from their Asian Games football squad because the French team refused to release him, officials said.

Park was selected as a wild card for South Korea's squad last month when coach Hong Myung-Bo announced a roster of 20 players.

But Monaco refused to release him for the Games, which start on November 12 in Guangzhou, the Korea Football Association said on Friday.

Clubs are not under obligation to release players for the Asian Games, which are not part of FIFA's international match calendar.

Read Full Story >>
soccerway.com
The story is too old to be commented.
GJ232223d ago

I think the player should choose, but the club are within their right